Tuesday, September 12, 2017

AURORA BOREALIS Taken by Catalin Tapardel on September 12, 2017 @ Kakwa, Alberta, Canada






I woke up around 2:45 am check the sky and to my surprise the Lady Aurora was dancing with huge pillars and green curtains moving fast. Check the data and the BZ were persistently orientated south showing negative readings around -5. I just grabbed my cameras, forgot about the needed coffee at the time, and off I went to my location. At the end of the session around 06:04 am the lights were getting stronger even then before, fighting the daylight. Watching the photos I realized that I got to witness a rarely opportunity, the blending and the mixture between the dawn and Lady Aurora with a sun furiously rising above the northern horizon. I am pleased with this amazing treat before the announced storm which should arrive in the next couple hours …(Kakwa area, Alberta, Canada Sep 12th, 2017, Nikon D800, Nikkor 14-24mm f 2.8, ISO 800-1000-1250, 3 & 5 seconds exposure, 17mm -19mm-24mm, 2.8.)

No comments:

Post a Comment