Wednesday, September 19, 2018

COMET 21P VISITS M35 AND JELLYFISH NEBULA! Taken by Bill Williams on September 15, 2018 @ Chiefland Astronomy Village, Florida






Just couldnt miss the opportunity to capture Comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner visiting Gemini open cluster M35 last Saturday morning and Jellyfish Nebula IC 443 Sunday morning! Wet Hurricane Florence to the north had other ideas sending waves of hot moisture and lightning over me during my efforts at my observatory. But my fast f/3.8 Vixen refractor was up to the task recording the comet both mornings using an old SBIG 11K CCD camera between storm bands! Attached Sept. 15 and Sept 16 images are aligned so you can produce a mouseover as on my website. Also, a combo image shows both comet images combined. Another image shows the Vixen refractor and camera piggybacked atop my guidescope 14.5-inch Ritchey-Chretien telescope. A gif animation on my website illustrates my meteorological astro-adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment