Saturday, November 17, 2018

VENUS AND SPICA OVER FOG Taken by OLIVIER STAIGER on November 17, 2018 @ near Cabanne Ayroz, Conthey, Valais Switzerland



Wanted to try to see comet V1 again this morning... drove uphill.. but realised that fog was starting to form at my target location , so I decided to drive higher... arrived near 2000m elevation, above tree limit, above fog... started shooting timelapse and realtime video of fog at night... an a few photos, too... completely forgot about the comet , hahahaha... next night for comet, with Leonids, and V1 will be next to Heze... while twilight was arriving I was setting up a camera on tripod for timelapse and suddenly saw that my tripod in front of me was getting illuminated from a light source BEHIND me, where theres no house, no nothing, just a mountain and sky, I turned around and saw a giant leonids trail that was glowing for about 5-6 seconds despite the sky not being pitchblack anymore and I was thinking Darn ! that fireball must have been a wowzer , too bad I missed it... well I sort of saw it as its light did illuminate my tripod. Anyway, heres a picture taken with Samyang 12mm f/2.8 ultrawide lens (its a panoramic crop ) with EOS 6D. Venus and Spica shine nicely. Matterhorn about image center.
this is morning fog filling Valais central in swiss Alps as seen from near Cabanne Ayroz , Mayens-de-Conthey. 3 seconds exposure at ISO 1600, manual aperture not recorded in EXIF, I may have closed it to f/4, I dont recall, at about 5:30 UT ( 6:30 AM local ).
looking forward to seeing Leonids here next night, good weather forecast.

timelapse video
https://www.newsflare.com/video/256698/weather-nature/fog-timelapse-at-night-and-dawn-in-valley

No comments:

Post a Comment