Sunday, July 16, 2017

BIG DIPPER PHOTOBOMBED BY AURORA BOREALIS Taken by Adrien Louis Mauduit on July 16, 2017 @ Jasper, Alberta, Canada




Timely update from Jasper in the Canadian rockies where I waited all day for nightfall. NOAA had announced a big solar storm with potential Kp6-7, but it was predicted to arrive on Sunday night. Last night, I packed my car and drove to Pyramid lake, right behind the beautiful town of Jasper in Alberta. I took some timelapse during the day, ate and waited patiently. I was shooting the milky way and I had no internet, but I decided to turn my camera toward the north every now and then. At around 1:30 am, lady aurora showed in one of its most vibrant and astounding manner, photobombing the big dipper setting behind the mountains. I took the shots with Canon 6D and Samyang 24mm f/1.4



No comments:

Post a Comment