Friday, November 24, 2017

VENUS AND JUPITER RISING ABOVE EL TEIDE Taken by Adrien Mauduit on November 23, 2017 @ La Palma, Canarias, Spain



For my last morning on top of El Roque in La Palma, where I slept all night in my car to shoot astrophotography, I woke up to the most pure, eerie and out of this world sight. Not only Venus and Jupiter were rising so bright in the nautical dawn, but it was in the best Earthshine gradient I have witnessed to date, showcasing the purity of the air. Its almost like youre on a plane watching the sunrise! Above all that, I wasnt sure about it at first, but what else that big could rise above the clouds east of La Palma? Canary islands most iconic and highest mountain, El Teide, which is also a volcano. I remember shooting astrophotography there two years ago, so it brought back good memories, and now I saw it from a total different angle!
Sony a7rII + Tamron 300mm, single shot

No comments:

Post a Comment